Jeffrey Wood was sentenced to death in 1998 for the January 1996 murder of Kris Keeran. Mr. Keeran was killed in a gas station convenience store by co-defendant Daniel Reneau and not by Mr. Wood, who was waiting outside at the time of the murder.
On August 19, 2016, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals stayed Mr. Wood's execution until further order of the Court.
News: August 2, 2016, Jeff Wood Didn't Kill Anyone, But Texas Is About To Execute Him Anyway, Jordan Smith, The Intercept
July 28, 2016, Does This Man Deserve To Die, Sabine Heinlein, The Texas Monthly
- Contact Gov. Greg Abbott and ask him to halt this execution: contact him via this link, by phone at (512) 463-1782, or by tweet @GovAbbott. If you prefer to send a letter, here is the mailing address: Office of the Governor, P.O. Box 12428, Austin, Texas 78711-2428.
- Contact the Clemency Section of the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles at 8610 Shoal Creek Blvd, Austin, Texas 78757; by phone at (512) 406-5852; by fax at (512) 467-0945 or online at email@example.com.
- If you live in Texas, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Attend a vigil organized by the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, around the scheduled execution.
- Please share this information with your friends, especially those in Texas, and ask them to help halt the execution of Mr. Wood by taking one of the actions listed above.
Please check back. We will be updating this page as more information about how you can help stop the execution of Mr. Wood becomes available.