Steven Long was sentenced to death in 2006 for the 2005 murder of 11-year-old Kaitlyn Briana Smith.
- On Monday August 21, Steven Long's execution was stayed pending a hearing to determine whether he is ineligible for the death penalty on the basis of intellectual disability.
- Contact Gov. Greg Abbott and ask him to halt this execution: contact him via this link, by phone at (512) 463-1782 or by tweet @GovAbbott. If you prefer to send a letter, here is the mailing address: Office of the Governor, P.O. Box 12428, Austin, Texas 78711-2428.
- If you live in Texas, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Attend a vigil organized by the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty around the scheduled execution.
- Please share this information with your friends, especially those in Texas, and ask them to help halt the execution of Mr. Storey by taking one of the actions listed above.
Please check back. We will be updating this page as more information about how you can help stop the execution of Mr. Storey becomes available.