Terry Edwards was sentenced to death in December 2003 for the July 2002 murders of Tommy Walker and Mickell Goodwin.
- Mr. Edwards' execution date has been changed by the State of Texas from October 19, 2016 to January 26, 2017.
- Contact Gov. Greg Abbott and ask him to halt this execution: contact him via this link, by phone at (512) 463-1782 or by tweet @GovAbbott. If you prefer to send a letter, here is the mailing address: Office of the Governor, P.O. Box 12428, Austin, Texas 78711-2428.
- If you live in Texas, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Attend a vigil organized by the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, around the scheduled execution.
- Please share this information with your friends, especially those in Texas, and ask them to help halt the execution of Mr. Edwards by taking one of the actions listed above.
Please check back. We will be updating this page as more information about how you can help stop the execution of Mr. Edwards becomes available.