Development assistant, temporary position
The National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty has a temporary position available for a Development Assistant. This temporary position will provide administrative support to the organization in its fundraising activities. This individual will work closely with the Director of Development and the Executive Director.
Main job tasks and prinicpal responsibilities
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain organization and individual donor files.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Enter data and produce reports necessary to allow the organization to evaluate whether the fundraising strategies and tactics are producing results and make adjustments.
- Provide necessary data as needed to develop and issue RFP for renewals.
- Update and maintain donor development calendar tracking and supporting deadlines.
- Answer donor questions regarding donor programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires experience in an administrative position, preferably for a not-for-profit development office; must have mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and database management (DonorPerfect Online preferred); knowledge of the Blue State Digital Program is a plus; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing; ability to organize and prioritize work; ability to work independently with little supervision; excellent interpersonal skills. Must work well, in fast-paced, changing environment and handle pressure of multiple demands well. A good sense of humor helps.
This is a part-time temporary position (10 to 15 hours a week).
September 1, 2016
How to apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a resume, a cover letter and three references to Diann@ncadp.org. No phone calls please.