LOCATION: Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid position. Academic credit or Community Service Federal-Work Study payment may be available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Providing administrative support for the development, marketing and communications operations of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Processing contributions and other receipts, coding and recording them in Donor Perfect database. Uploading and reconciling data from Donor Perfect records with Blue State Digital communications database. Produce daily reports in Donor Perfect and Blue State Digital as requested. Process thank you notes and maintain records of contacts and correspondence with Donors. Maintain hard copy files of proposals grant agreement letter and grant reports. Maintain database of nationwide, speaking engagements, training and support provides to state based organizations and individuals.
• Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Maintain organization and individual donor files.
• Continually update and correct database records.
• Enter data and produce reports necessary to allow the organization to evaluate whether the fundraising strategies and tactics are producing results and make adjustments.
• Provide necessary data as needed to develop and issue RFP for renewals.
• Update and maintain donor development calendar tracking and supporting deadlines.
• Answer donor questions regarding donor programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: We are seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial and responsible individual who can work approximately 20-25 hours/week. Excellent attention to details is a must. A strong interest in social justice and learning about non-profit management and development is a plus. The ideal candidate must possess attention to detail; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is mandatory; working knowledge of Donor Perfect or similar CRM databases is preferred. Knowledge of the Blue State Digital Program is a plus. Must be committed to and interested in NCADP’s mission.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample along with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include DEVELOPMENT INTERN APPLICATION in the subject line. Note your availability including preferred start and end dates as well as any limitations you may have to working regular work week hours. No phone calls please. Positions are available year-round and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty is an equal opportunity employer, and people of color, women and LGBTQ persons are encouraged to apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Check out a blog written by our 2017 summer intern about her experience at NCADP.