Executive Program Assistant Intern
LOCATION: Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: This is an unpaid position. Academic credit or Community Service Federal-Work Study payment may be available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Work with the Executive Staff to achieve the mission of ending the death penalty in the US and supporting efforts worldwide. Specifically, Executive Program Assistant Intern will provide personal administrative and program support to Executive Director. This is a great opportunity to gain practical experience and to learn more about advocacy.
• conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
• coordinate project-based work
• design and maintain databases as needed
• prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
• file and retrieve documents and reference materials
• manage and maintain executives' schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
• arrange and co-ordinate meetings and events
• record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
• monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
• answer and manage incoming calls
• receive and interact with incoming visitors
The Executive Program Assistant Intern is expected to maintain stakeholder confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Applicant should note in his or her cover letter any special interest or experience in issues relevant to the position, including past anti-death penalty or broader criminal justice reform knowledge and experience as well as any direct experience working on capital or criminal justice cases.
QUALIFICATIONS: Mature, discrete; have excellent writing and communications skills; attention to detail; be up-to-date on social media and technology and comfortable working at a very fast pace.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample along with three references to email@example.com. Please include EXECUTIVE PROGRAM ASSISTANT INTERN APPLICATION in the subject line. Note your availability including preferred start and end dates as well as any limitations you may have to working regular fulltime hours. No phone calls please. Positions are available year-round and applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. The National Coalition is an equal opportunity employer, and people of color, women and LGBTQ persons are encouraged to apply.