The National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty brings together organizations and individuals from across the United States and beyond, all of whom share a common goal: to abolish the death penalty. Founded 1976 with just a handful of organizations and individuals, the National Coalition is the oldest and largest anti-death penalty organization in the United States. See the full list of NCADP Affiliates here.
Is your organization ready to join? Affiliate Today!
The National Coalition welcomes organizational affiliates who unite with us and work together to end the death penalty. NCADP Affiliates include national, state, regional, and local organizations within the United States and beyond. Organizations affiliate with the Coalition to strengthen and expand their work for abolition, but maintain their autonomy and self-direction.
Benefits of Standard Affiliation
(For organizations with a broader mission who also support abolition of the death penalty.)
- Be a part of the successful movement to end the death penalty.
- Receive timely updates and opportunities to engage in winning campaigns.
- Access to briefings and consultations on active policy campaigns.
- Affiliate rates for training events, conferences and celebrations.
- Participation in the NCADP Affiliates List-Serve.
- And more!
Benefits of Abolitionist Affiliation
(Organizations whose mission is specifically to end the death penalty, or who have programs and/or staff working specifically on the death penalty or closely related issues.)
- All of the above.
- Access to professional materials and support with strategic planning, campaign management, technical assistance and leadership development in support of state level anti-death penalty efforts.
- Participation in the National Coalition’s Abolitionist Leadership List-Serve
- And more!
Qualifications for Affiliation
Organizations which affiliate with the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty:
- Have an official corporate position stating unconditional opposition to the death penalty in all cases OR formally endorse the National Coalition’s Mission Statement.
- Agree to be listed as an official NCADP Affiliate (listing will link back to your web page).
- Agree to articulate organizational position in opposition to the death penalty as appropriate on the organization’s website (All NCADP Affiliates are encouraged to display the NCADP logo).
- Agree to share with the organization’s membership opportunities to engage in campaigns to end the death penalty, as appropriate.
- Agree to pay annual dues according to the dues structure outlined in the affiliate application.
NCADP Affiliate Application
For more information about the benefits and commitments of NCADP affiliate membership and how organizations can affiliate, contact us at
If you are a member of an affiliate and want to pay your affiliate dues, click here.